Sunday 4 February 2018

Vapnartak 2018

Back home from our annual pilgrimage to Vapnartak. This remains one of the biggest shows in the true North of England, a fantastic venue (despite the fire alarms this year!). For us it is very much a shopping trip picking stuff up with show discounts or grabbing something you didn’t expect from the bring and buy. There are some great games on show but it is actually hard to get around everything. It felt as busy as usual and shows have become increasingly pleasant as I meet people who I know or who recognise me from games I have put on 😀

Despite admiring the games on show I didn’t take many photos (sorry) these were the pick for me.





And then of course I did loads of shopping..........


Nearly everything was in some way cheap or reduced, and nearly everything was on the list I had taken. There are even a few more bits which were available but which traders offered free postage etc....

I’m not even gogin to list this ridiculous pile of stuff.....the bargain for me was the brown desert terrain cloth sat underneath. I actually bought two for £3 for those interested I am happy as always to answer questions 😀 the rest of the stuff you will see with me as it gets built, painted and onto the table 😀

A fun day.......

17 comments:

  1. You're happy to answer questions. Cool! Okay... What 'genre' of wargaming does the figure I've just finished painting belong to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😀😀 that’s a hard one !

      Delete
    2. a 28mm Rogue Stars figure from North Star - so Sci-Fi - was the answer :)

      Delete
    3. Do you know I was just about to say that 😀

      Delete
  2. An enjoyable and productive visit there it appears Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep always nice to mix with like minded folk....and explore the traders for stuff 😀

      Delete
  3. A very decent haul, bar the plastic tatt of course. I’m glad that you had a nice time, I doubt I’ll do any shows now before Partizan at the earliest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a grand day out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool stuff, thats a lot of trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have been thinking about my 6 mm terrain and giving some variety to my tree stock. Especially for Cold War games !

      Delete
  6. A specatcular pilgrimage, impressive tables...Love the galleys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of The participation games running, clearly they had put a lot of effort into the game...😀

      Delete
  7. Looks like the games were good and that's some haul!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much stuff really but I am addicted and don’t care 😀😀

      Delete
  8. I never got far enough upstairs to see the Greek naval game. It looks excellent. The ground floor games were goodish but with a bit of deja vu except for the excellent Sudan game. Must try and introduce ourselves some time.

    ReplyDelete