Thursday 16 November 2017

The Small things that make me very happy πŸ˜€

It is definitely the small things which make me smile, well fairly small. I was doing some searching on eBay looking for some more cheap buses to convert as VBCW and Sealion transport. This led me to looking at bus catalogues to understand what were age appropriate. I then found myself checking out corgi catalogues online and discovered they had produced a pair of commemorative buses in the East Kent logo where my Sealion campaign takes place. A bit more patience and after a few weeks I got what I wanted £15 for the pair and I am very happy you ‘ll be seeing more of these in the future πŸ˜€ if I understand it correctly this is the correct period colour scheme which is lovely.
 This is an OB Bedford
An AEC Regal with half cab very period but phased out when they went to flat fronted buses and put the engine in the floor. Both are 1:50 scale so fractionally large but most of my other vehicles are similar. 
This has led me to the thought that I need a bus stop...so another job on the list. These ones are going to stay just as they are but I picked up some cheaper ones which will be converted to army transport.

26 comments:

  1. Very nice. They really do fit the overall scene you're creating on the tabletop. Now where's that steam loco?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Patience paid off....thanks for looking and taking the time to comment πŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. They are wonderful Matt, great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your research and patience paid off handsomely. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great, but be careful or you will become a Bus Spotter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice ,,, I suspect you also need now a Bus Drivers and Clippy union faction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good idea....now I’ll need to check out their uniforms !

      Delete
  7. What fun! Lovely little buses, it's the little details that matter.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Iain I am going to make a bus stop today πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand find Matt! By the way, where is your post on Battleground next Saturday which shows up on my Reading List but then is said not to exist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David ....I seem to have caused some confusion, I posted a copy of the show flyer but for some reason it would show when I went into the blog so I deleted the post with the intention of re posting but didn’t get round to it πŸ€”

      Delete