Wednesday 1 February 2017

German Kradschutzen : Operation Sealion

After the big battle at the weekend it has taken a while to tidy up and I have been busy with a few bits and pieces. But after being scared off by big prices I found the following three on eBay before Christmas. £6.50 each a bargain considering they are £14 normally. These are the Blacktree versions, pretty happy with how they have gone together but I do hate metal figures there are 9 or 10 bits to each one !

I am hoping to pick up one more rider if I can at York at the weekend so the unit is 10 strong.

14 comments:

  1. Nice looking additions, Matt, but I entirely agree about fiddling bits on Wargames models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David...the worst bit getting the hands on the handlebars !!!!argghhhh

      Delete
  2. very cool, can I be these. I also hate the glueing bit. Just do a simple spear with hand attached. Doesn't fit. See you at York

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well they certainly look worth the hassle of assembly, I feel your pain I have been assembling a M/C tonight. I have the joy of trying to get the rider to fit tomorrow >~(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil...I think the modern plastics are just designed and sculpted to fit together much better, I'm not an expert but presume it is the castings and moulding process ? Hey ho they are done now🙂

      Delete
  4. Looking good Matt and like you I despair at anything that needs me to sit down with superglue and pin vince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael....these were better than the last two I did and did need much pinning, but I still had to use force to bend the driver to get his legs and arms into the right positions. But they are done now....🙂

      Delete
  5. Great! Look forward to seeing them painted up and on the battlefield!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, but I agree plastic is way better!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....I guess we all have a view but plastic casting just seems so much better now ?

      Delete
  7. Exellent bargin! Love early german mc troops they are cool. Looking forward to see them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael hopefully soon when I have finished Glider I am working on 😀

      Delete