Saturday 26 November 2016

Phewww that was Battleground

Back from the show, tired but happy all seemed to go well, I think 9 or 10 games during the day and hardly a break. Everyone very complimentary about the game and hopefully all enjoyed it. All left smiling anyway. HAving done it at a couple of shows now I know it works, is quick to set up and I can accommodate experienced gamers through to fairly novice children.
The table set up first thing, plenty of space but 
sports hall lighting!
 One close up of the table, I didn't get to look at anything else much during the day 

My loot for the day, with not much spare time Steve who was helping was looking out for bargains. A couple of Universal Carriers at 30% discount, some light german artillery which I was picking up, it
cost me £3 using the Warlord discount email from a couple of weeks ago ! A smudge of terrain for next weekend, some Grenadiers ( I actually only want the arms)  and some Ironclad armed WI, these are great but will take a while to get to the painting table.

A good day and very likely to be back next year with another game thank you to everyone that played and came and had a chat......a special prize should go to Martin who played twice and managed to get Aragorn killed both times 😀

10 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you today, Matt. I've got to say seeing your terrain and boards 'live' is a better experience than seeing them via photos. Very nice work!

    I enjoyed the game, though tiredness was kicking in by the time I played, so I'll admit to failing to grasp the scenario to start with. If I get to play again I'll be bettered prepared, however, and probably won't be so carefree about Frodo Baggins's life. Definitely a good game you've got there, and it works really well - and yourself running it - in a show environment. Definitely a game I'd recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep good to catch up Roy turning the virtual world into reality ! Glad you enjoyed it.....I am pondering a revised version for 2017 🤔

      Delete
  2. Great to hear all went well and loot to boot, a fabulous day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael feedback very positive...perhaps a bigger show next year ?

      Delete
  3. Just been reading Martin's account of your game...looks and sounds brilliant! Another successful show under your belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we had some fun...with several people claiming to be the unluckiest gamer ever 😀

      Delete
  4. Nice looking table there Matt. Modest pile of loot shows how busy you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep didn't really stop all day ! It gives you a very different outlook on shows which I quite like as a change...I intend to do some more next year.😊

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a great day, and you certainly got a nice bargain on those Carriers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep a good day but I have put the carriers away to open at Christmas

      Delete