Wednesday 14 September 2016

VBCW / Operation Sealion Cavalry

As part of my ongoing projects I have a number of cheapish books about the home guard. One particular photograph which really attracts me is the one below of the mid Devon hunt. These would obviously be replicated in Cumbria for our VBCW battles and my Operation Sealion project.
I have been looking for a while for something close to these. Martin helpfully put me on to the possibilities of Blacktree Design Boer Cavalry as a possible option.
They were a bit slow coming through but they arrived today. Horses are great and look to my eye very much like standard hunting saddles. Clothing and weapons are fine. I just need to manage the heads/ hats. The great thing is they are all wearing waistcoats 😀 Tally Ho !

11 comments:

  1. Excellent, glad they came. They will look great as militia cavalry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully a nice say conversion project 😬

      Delete
  2. I shall look forward to seeing these all painted up and in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look decently produced miniatures. Good sculpts and cleanly cast.

    Myself and some others were talking about Black Tree Designs, with a view to an order, the other week. Maybe will have to wait a bit now, for us, but I'll keep in mind that you had no real problems with the order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have to contact them a couple of times, the slightly limp excuse was the sale and too many orders etc..... However, I am pretty chilled about such things and got the figures and they are great. I would order form them again.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the further information Matt. It matches what I've heard from others, as well. But everyone got their stuff in the end, so I'll send for some Ancient Germans next time there's a sale on.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. They look nice, and should make great figures for VBCW. I've a few Black Tree figures from their outlet here in the US and get good service.

    The mention of the difficult ground on Dartmoor reminds me of a WW2 game where one of my units of Fallschirmjager dropped into what turned out to be marshland. It turned ugly very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to get out of a bog with a parachute in tow 😀

      Delete
  5. Very nice Matt and a great addition to British Army to keep Jerry at bay.
    Looking forward to see how they shape up.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu after last night I'm not sure they need them ! Will blog soon.

      Delete