Wednesday 7 September 2016

Blitzkrieg on Hadrian's Wall ?

Ok not quite, still lazing about on holiday, another fantastic day walking on Hadrian's Wall both inspirational and invigorating....I see Roman skirmish games in the future and Border Reivers herding stolen cattle back across the wall.

Finished of at Thirlwall Castle.......
Then got home to finish off some Blitzkrieg Germans, these were a present for my Birthday so required almost no effort, just a change to the bases, a slight change to the green and some helmet transfers....a third unit and a second MG42 ready to go.😀

4 comments:

  1. What a great day you had!! I do love visiting a historical site, when your imagination runs away with you and before you know it your planning on buying an army you actually never wanted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAdly with a different project for nearly everyday.....whilst I can dream of Romans it isn't going to happen anytime soon......

      Delete
  2. I'd love to walk Hadrian's Wall. Often talked about it...still not done anything about it. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth it.......we (son and I) had planned to do it this week but plans all got messed up hence me doing a few separate days. If the weather stays good I might get one more in tomorrow 😀

      Delete